Terms & Conditions
Canalta Rewards is a membership program, which is operated by Canalta Hotels organized under the laws of Alberta ("CANALTA”).
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and CANALTA regarding your participation in the Program, your entitlement to collect and redeem CANALTA Points and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program, and supersede all previous versions. Except as expressly contained in these Terms and Conditions, there are no conditions, representations, warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. When you deal with CANALTA or its Partners over the Internet, you consent to the formation of contractual relations through electronic communications. CANALTA has the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and as to any other questions or disputes regarding the Program.
Participation in the Program
- Membership (“Member”) in Canalta Rewards is limited to and defined as natural persons only, no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may hold membership in the CANALTA Program;
- A CANALTA member must enroll individually in his/her full legal name and such person may have only one open Account at any given time;
- A Member may earn Canalta Rewards or points in only one Account. Membership is solely for the benefit of the individual, therefore, it must be maintained in the name of an individual, duplicate accounts can be removed at the discretion of CANALTA;
- Canalta Rewards and Points are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, or otherwise transferred without the prior written consent of CANALTA or otherwise in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the CANALTA Program, as may be amended from time to time. Any assignment or transfer in violation of these rules will be void and may, at the sole discretion of CANALTA, result in the loss of membership or the cancellation of the affected Points or Account, as the case may be;
- To collect Canalta Rewards, an individual must have a CANALTA Rewards membership. This CANALTA membership card will be associated with one Account number;
- CANALTA assumes no liability whatsoever, including without limitation, liability for any expense, loss, cost, injury, damage, accident or any other matter or thing whatsoever, however suffered or caused (including compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages or damages for loss of income or profits), directly or indirectly arising out of or related to the Program or by reason of the termination of or amendment to the Program in whole or in part, the addition or deletion of reward partners or other features with or without notice;
- CANALTA membership is a privilege which can be revoked by CANALTA in its sole discretion at any time and without compensation for any reason including without limitation, for abuse or breach by a Member of any of the Terms and Conditions of the Program or any other actions deemed by CANALTA, acting in its sole discretion, to be contrary to CANALTA, the CANALTA Program or the interests of its Members or reward partners;
- CANALTA shall be under no obligation to continue the Program or to provide any notice of its termination;
- Each member shall be responsible for advising CANALTA of any change of their name, mailing address, e-mail address or any other required membership Enrolment data. Neither CANALTA nor its Partners shall be liable for misdirected communications such as mail or e-mail or any consequences thereof;
- Neither CANALTA nor its Partners shall be responsible for any failure of the Canalta Rewards website or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, online or Internet entry. In addition, neither CANALTA nor its Partners shall be responsible due to technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any computer or property related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material relating to the Program. CANALTA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Program should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of CANALTA corrupt the security or proper administration of the Program. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, CANALTA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution; and
- A Member may not sell, exchange, give, charge or otherwise dispose of any CANALTA Point. CANALTA Points have no monetary value whatsoever and cannot under any circumstances form the basis of a monetary claim against CANALTA or a Partner and cannot be converted to cash. There may be circumstances where a Member may be responsible for any taxes applicable to CANALTA Points, awards or rewards.
- To participate in the Program and earn Canalta Rewards, you must obtain or have a CANALTA Rewards membership;
- To enroll, you must have a valid address, a valid e-mail address and be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of enrolment;
- To become a Member, simply complete a CANALTA Rewards enrolment membership form available at the Canalta Rewards website accurately and completely;
- Enrolment also requires the creation of a password or a personal identification number ("Password") which is required to access your Account online. Certain password creation rules may apply and CANALTA reserves the right to change password creation rules to adhere to the strongest privacy and security standards in place. Anyone who knows your Password and Account number will have full access to your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Password, for all activities that occur using your Password and for notifying CANALTA of any unauthorized use of your Password. CANALTA is not responsible in any way for any loss arising from unauthorized use of your Password or your failure to comply with these provisions;
- By Enrolling in the CANALTA Program, you consent to receive CANALTA communications as well as other communications containing special offers about the CANALTA Program and its rewards and services, these communications may incur data charges if accessed or received via a mobile device;
- CANALTA does not collect personal information on its website from individuals it actually knows to be under 16 years of age;
- CANALTA encourages parents to supervise their children’s Internet activities and to consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also keep children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental consent;
- Enrolment at Canalta Rewards website is subject to verification and will be deemed invalid if the information is not true and/or complete.
Earning Canalta Rewards, Points and Discounts
- The terms "CANALTA Points" or "Points" mean the points awarded when using the CANALTA Rewards card or membership;
- In addition, from time to time, CANALTA may invite reward partners to work with CANALTA to provide more benefits and opportunities to Members. CANALTA may also advertise offers for which Members may earn additional CANALTA Points or may redeem for additional rewards;
- Learn more about earning or redeeming CANALTA Points by visiting the Canalta Rewards website;
- Points can only be earned on Qualified stays at participating CANALTA Hotels. If the rate for any night has been discounted through an online travel website (e.g. Expedia.com), the night will not be deemed as a qualified stay;
- Members may be required to present their personal valid CANALTA card to collect Canalta Rewards and Points and/or benefit from discounts;
- Any unauthorized reproduction of a CANALTA card may lead to a deduction of or loss of all CANALTA Points in such Account, exclusion from the Program and may have additional legal consequences, all in the sole discretion of CANALTA;
- CANALTA or a Partner may refuse to record or honour CANALTA Points in your Account, or if already recorded, may cancel such Points, if CANALTA cannot confirm via CANALTA systems, transaction receipts and entries in CANALTA property management systems that the rewards or points were properly issued or obtained; and
- If you believe that any Account statement showing the number of CANALTA Points in your Account is in error, you must contact Customer Service (1-877-511-1947) within 60 days of the date of the Account statement or such statement will be deemed correct, except for excess CANALTA Points improperly noted in your Account. CANALTA may require that Members submit documentation to support your claim.
Returns and/or Exchanges
In the event of a return and/or exchange of any purchase for which CANALTA Points were allocated, CANALTA Points will be deducted automatically from your Account. Your CANALTA Points balance will be reduced by the equivalent number of CANALTA Points issued for the returned or exchanged items on the original transaction.
Redemption and Benefits
- Redemption of Canalta Rewards or Points is limited to natural persons only, holding a CANALTA Rewards membership;
- Canalta Rewards and Points may be redeemed for reward offers only. Your Account number and Password will be required for any available automated or online redemption.
- Your Canalta Rewards and Points balance will be reduced by the number of Points required to obtain the desired Point redemption level. Unredeemed CANALTA Points plus any Points earned in the current transaction, will remain in your Account and can be applied to subsequent transactions;
- Canalta Rewards and Points can only be redeemed if the required Point redemption level is acquired prior to the redemption transaction;
- You may be required to provide proof of and/or authentication of your identity when redeeming CANALTA Points to protect the integrity of your Account and to verify your Member status. In the event you do not have proof of identity, you may need to redeem Points through our contact centre at 1-877-511-1947; and
- CANALTA may include or remove the Program’s additional reward partners in its sole discretion.
Inactive CANALTA Membership Accounts
CANALTA membership account will be deemed inactive if:
- Your CANALTA Rewards membership has not been used to earn or redeem CANALTA Points in the last 2 years. And
- You have not logged in to your CANALTA rewards account at www.CanaltaRewards.com in the last 2 years.
Should each of the conditions above apply, your CANALTA membership account may be deemed inactive and all accumulated CANALTA Points may be forfeited, with or without notice, in CANALTA’s sole discretion and CANALTA may close your CANALTA membership account.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Membership Cards
- You must notify CANALTA immediately by calling 1-877-511-1947 if your CANALTA card is lost or stolen. When CANALTA is made aware of a lost or stolen CANALTA card, it will flag the CANALTA card as lost or stolen and the CANALTA Account, and the CANALTA membership card associated with the Account, will be rendered inactive. A new CANALTA card will be mailed to the address you provide. Unredeemed Canalta Rewards or Points will remain intact and will be transferred to the new CANALTA Account number. CANALTA is not responsible for any redemption made by a third party using a lost or stolen CANALTA membership card;
Termination, Changes and Breach
CANALTA may change these Terms and Conditions, any aspect of the CANALTA Program including redemption procedures or any rewards in any respect, all without notice and even though changes may affect the value of CANALTA Points already accumulated. For current Terms and Conditions and other Program details and information, visit the Canalta Rewards website.